The U209-005-C USB-C to DB9 Serial Adapter Cable (M/M) allows you to connect a 9-pin RS-232 serial peripheral to a device with a USB-C port. Perfect for connecting a modem, digital camera, PDA or ISDN terminal to your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone, this cable supports data transfer speeds up to 230 Kbps, which is twice as fast as a built-in serial port. No external power source is required. The compact five-foot cable tucks away conveniently in your backpack or laptop bag for use anywhere. Premium foil and braid shielding delivers reliable, error-free signal quality and protection from EMI/RFI interference. Molded nickel-plated connectors with gold-plated contacts ensure excellent conductivity. Integral strain relief ensures the cable and connectors last a long time. A rugged PVC jacket protects twisted 28 AWG data lines and 24 AWG power lines. Works with Windows, Mac and Linux computers, as well as Android tablets and smartphones compatible with USB Host Mode (OTG).System Requirements
- Windows 2000 and later, Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.11 or Linux Redhat 7.3 through 9.0 (Linux Kernel 2.4.31 and above include built-in drivers)
- Android devices with USB Host Mode (OTG) support and OS 3.2 and later. USB Host Mode (OTG) cable required.
- Supports data transfer speeds up to 230 Kbps
- Premium foil and braid shielding reduces EMI/RFI interference
- Compatible with Windows®, Mac®, Linux® and Android™ devices
- No external power source required
- Portable 5 ft. design fits perfectly into laptop bag